Friday 25 December 2015

TIRED of doing the dishes?

TIRED of doing the dishes? Where I live, we're not privileged to own dishwashers.



TIRED of doing the dishes?
Try this.
‪#‎Tip‬ 1 - Every member of the family each gets to choose 3 of their favourite plates, 3 mugs or tumbler, and 2 bowls. You'll instantly see that your sink will never again overflow! The rest of your tableware you may want to either store away in a hard to reach place like a tall cabinet, sell, or give away to charity.
Personally, I find that living with less stuff gives me more time to do the things I love rather than spending it on routine work such as washing and cleaning, and I still am able to keep a neat and tidy home.
In fact, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) lived a simple life with very minimal items in his home.
In the picture below, that is the amount of daily tableware I have in my home and it just gets rotated.





I do have fancy tableware in 2 sets for guests and it's stored away nicely.
#Tip 2 - I only keep fancy tableware enough for 12 guests at one time because that's how many people that my small apartment can accommodate comfortably. Any more guests, and I revert to using disposable cups and plates.
Think about it. You always reach for your favourite mug anyway. We all have our favorites. Favourite tumbler, favourite plate, favourite bowl.
I promise you, when you reduce the tableware in your home, in the course of a day you'll probably spend only less than 2 minutes at each meal to wash the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment