Tuesday 5 January 2016

Reasons why you haven’t achieved anything in life


My sisters and I are all different in both personality and outlook in life but we all share one thing in common – we want to be successful young women. We recently talked about how we felt like we hadn't  achieved anything much in life and we were mostly frustrated that we hadn’t reached our personal goals that we set for ourselves in our early 20s. It was only after talking to each other that we realized that we all had achieved success in our lives. This brings me to the reasons why you think you haven’t achieved anything in life, when in fact, you actually have. During that discussion with my sisters, while each of us could only point out our flaws and lack of success, it was apparent in the eyes of the other sister that we were already successful in life.

Through the other sister’s eyes ‘success’ is defined in different ways:
·         Being organized despite having to juggle between work and home
Or..
·         Staying at home with kids and being able to give attention, education and wholesome meals for them while working part time
Or..
·         Working independently in a business and being innovative with  limited resources
Or..
·         Being able to do as Allah asks in appearance and acts, an not being afraid of this Islamaphobic world that we live in 
Or..
·          Practicing what you preach and making it a duty to better other people’s lives

The moment we stopped focusing on academic success, monetary rewards, rank or fame, we understood that being successful is simply doing your best in the consequences that Allah destined you to be in.

I write this for myself because more often than not, I am my own worst critic and I tend to focus on my weaknesses rather than my strengths, and I often beat myself up for not achieving my goals on time.

I beat myself up for not being enough, 
for not doing enough,  
for not saying enough, 
for not achieving enough goals on time.

Sometimes, if you really look, you already have what you need to achieve your goals..

You might hate your job and think that you should be doing something else or be in a better place.

That’s not true.

You are where you’re meant to be. Allah knows best what’s good for you, and you don’t.

If you’re still feeling unsatisfied with your life, it’s CLARITY that you need. What is it that YOU want in life? Not what others want for you, and not what others think you need. What do YOU want?
Have CLARITY.

Write a list of the things YOU want in life. Only then you’ll find that you’ve achieved A LOT in life and when you have CLARITY, you are clear of what goals YOU want to achieve in this life. Put your TRUST in Allah, and he will take you where you want to be inshaALLAH. And if He doesn't take you where you want to be, it's because He knows better. 

Remember that in Islam, true ACHIEMENT (victory) lies in doing everything for Allah's sake according to the teachings of the Quran and living the life of the Sunnah of the prophet Muhammad s.a.w. 

When writing your GOALS in life in what YOU want in this world, make sure it aligns with the meaning of ACHIEVEMENT (victory) in Islam..

For example

WHAT I WANT IN LIFE (GOALS)

1.       I want to be a humble slave of Allah

2.     I want to be an adorable wife
3.       I want to educate my child
4.       I want to be financially okay
5.       I want to help others see their potential
6.       I want to contribute to charity
7.       I want to simplify my life and help others do the same
8.       I want a house interior that projects calmness
9.       I want to learn and practice the Sunnah/life of the Prophet
10.   I want to call others to Allah

I
I I I want to memorize the Quran
I IiI want to pay off debt

When you are absolutely clear about the things YOU want in life, you are already SUCCESSFUL, this is your definition of ACHIEVEMENT.

Achievement is not in the number of followers that you have, the multiple degrees you obtain, the car that you drive, the money that you make. It’s in fulfilling what YOU want in this life with the intention to please ALLAH. Trust that Allah has given you enough to do all the things YOU want and only HE can make  you happy. Anything else that worries you, push it aside. Is it in the list of things you want? No? Well push it aside.

Every difficulty that you face, if it’s in line with the things YOU want, it is a blessing.
 It helps you mature.

Tell yourself.. “This difficulty.. it makes me stronger, builds my character,  beautifies my soul, strengthens my dependence on ALLAH and increased my patience and endurance. By enduring difficulty, I became more mature and now I can take on anything that comes my way.”

Keep calm and keep doing the mundane routine even if it bores you because it will help you achieve YOUR goal. 

Keep sane and keep helping others even if it hurts you if that is ACHIEVEMENT in your eyes.

This is part of GROWING and this is YOUR definition of success. Your definition of ACHIEVEMENT.


Keep your GOALS in mind, and keep doing what you need to do to get there. 

Put your TRUST in Allah and be optimistic. Allah knows what's BEST for you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment